• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nolle Prosequi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inzanity

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? INDIANA

Hi guys.

I've been dealing with probation for 2 years now for a Class A Misdemeanor Possesion of Marijuana charge. Recently I was sentenced to thirty days house arrest for a Violation of my probation. I'm currently on house arrest now.

I was sentenced to those 30 days on May 5th, 2009.

On 5/13/09, the Deputy Prosecutor filed a second petition to revoke probation, and thus a warrant was issued for my arrest. When I received the paper work, I noticed that it was the EXACT same petition as the one I had been sentenced to on 5/5/09. Nothing had been added or altered to justify this second petition. The next day, on 5/14/09, the warrant was recalled by the state. I had contacted my public defender, and apparently he had contacted them about the matter.

Now yesterday, I checked my dockets as I frequently do. There was a new addition, and it is stated as follows:

05/18/2009 Comes now the State its Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, and files Nolle Prosequi and moves the Court to dismiss all counts in the above-entitled cause as to defendant for the following reasons, to-wit: Such dismissal would be in the best interest of the State of Indiana. The court orders the file closed and any future dates vacated. SO ORDERED May 15, 2009 Copy to State, Donald Mohr and Defendant.

I am very confused as to what I going on with my court schedule and or disposition now. I've looked up the meaning of Nolle Prosequi, and I know what it means in general. What I want to know is, what significance does it have regarding my case, and what possibly could occur now because of it?

I was arrested on 4/27/09 for Public Intoxication and Minor Consumption. I'm wondering if they could be holding off so that they could add the charges to what has been preceding as of late? The 2 recent charges HAVE NOT been filed to date.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

FlyingRon

A null prosqui generally means that the prosecution has voluntarily given up the prosecution. It generally can not be revisited.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">