• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not Guilty and Guilty Same Offense?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justicespoon

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Both me and the co-defendent in a drug case were tried in two courts, the misdemeanor in municipal and felony portion in common pleas. Trial for the muni case was held first and because of wittness statements the prosecutor dismissed both of the cases due to a false police report. My attorney was very happy telling me 1 down 1 to go, however told me that the prosecutor on my felony case had it out for him because he beat him up during a previous trial. I was taken back to jail that day and injured by the arresting officer he was a little upset by the dismissal. I thought freedom was days away but weeks went by and I didn't hear anything from my attorney, then he finally shows up and tells me the judge on the case tended to believe the police and that if I didnt plea guilty I might go to prison, not to mention sit in jail until the trial. You see I and my attorney was being told I was being held with no bail. About a week later I found out that I did in fact have a bail and could have been out two months earlier, so when we go to the sentencing I tell my attorney that had I know I had bail I wouldnt have plead out. He tell me dont worry about it, before long this will all be behind me and back to being a productive member of society. Two months later he calls me wanting to get paid! HE WAS COURT APPOINTED! I pointed this out to him and he said the courts refused to pay him and would be willing to exchange labor for fees. The same happened to the codefendent, she was denied needed medication for 85 days and told only way out was a plea agreement. It should also be noted this comes on the heals of trying to file a brutality complaint which I was very vocal about, however was denied the ability to file.

With the prosecutor knowing false report in other portion of case and apparently pushing my attorney be a malicious prosecution?
and is there anything we can do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">