• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Disorderly Conduct, Public Lewdness, and Resisting Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistercrowley86

What is the name of your state? New York

I am an 18 year old college student...I have never been arrested before the only thing on my record would be a traffic ticket for failing to yield right of way while I was 17.

I was arrested two weeks ago and charged with Disorderly Conduct, Public Lewdness, and Resisting Arrest. I do not remember the events surrounding the incident, I was under the influence of mushrooms. It was my first time taking any sort of drug, and I had a bad reaction to it. Apparently I became violent and the police had to be called. The police found me nude in a common area in a residence hall. I was unresponsive to them...at one point I put my pants on and lunged at one of the officers...I was thrown on the ground tazed five times, handcuffed, and brought to the hospital. I woke up in the hospital at around 4:30am in complete bewilderment as to what had happened. The police then questioned me the next day...and I was arrested for the charges listed above. Since this is my first offense...and I do not remember what happened...am I going to get off lighter?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">