• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon extradition?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matty14

}Oregon to Hawaii,Califorinia,Or,Nevada?{
I have A friend that was convicted on a drug charge He got six years probation and four year suspended sentence in OSP. The kid got his probation took because he did not get a 3.o in school(college) he did not go back for sentencing. will they come look for him in another state like Nevada or Califorinia or Hawaii?

CdwJava

matty14 said:
I have A friend that was convicted on a drug charge He got six years probation and four year suspended sentence in OSP. The kid got his probation took because he did not get a 3.o in school(college) he did not go back for sentencing. will they come look for him in another state like Nevada or Califorinia or Hawaii?
If a warrant is issued for him, those states WILL arrest and hold him for extradition if Oregon wants him.

He can't hide across the border.

Plus, having a warrant will make him ineligible for public assistance, student loans, and many jobs. It's a fun time being a fugitive.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

matty14 said:
Your friend needs to surrender. He has already indicated that he does not intend to co-operate, so it's best for him to go back to Oregon and get it over with. It will save him a lot of time and money if he voluntarily surrenders. The time he is waiting in the clink in another state may not count off on his time to be served. Your friend made the choice to go back to jail; tell him it's time to 'fess up and do the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">