• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon extradition - misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike-a-holic

What is the name of your state? Oregon.

OK, while in Oregon I got a DUI and plead guilty to it. I am scheduled to go to sentencing soon. I am on business in another state and making super good money. I would like to continue to do so but need to go spend probably 60 days in the clink in Oregon as well as jump thru probation hoops. Since the crime is a misdemeanor, if I choose not to go to the sentencing hearing will Oregon be able to extradite me?

seniorjudge

Mike-a-holic said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon.

OK, while in Oregon I got a DUI and plead guilty to it. I am scheduled to go to sentencing soon. I am on business in another state and making super good money. I would like to continue to do so but need to go spend probably 60 days in the clink in Oregon as well as jump thru probation hoops. Since the crime is a misdemeanor, if I choose not to go to the sentencing hearing will Oregon be able to extradite me?
Q: Since the crime is a misdemeanor, if I choose not to go to the sentencing hearing will Oregon be able to extradite me?

A: No, but your driver's license will be jerked. Would that affect your super good job if you lost your driver's license?

Mike-a-holic

thanks

I knew it! No it won't affect my super good job (5% of 24mil.) this year alone. Any ideas on how I should deal with it later on down the road with the idea I would turn myself in? Will the judge max me out?

seniorjudge

Mike-a-holic said:
I knew it! No it won't affect my super good job (5% of 24mil.) this year alone. Any ideas on how I should deal with it later on down the road with the idea I would turn myself in? Will the judge max me out?
I don't know what the judge will do but I doubt that he will be very co-operative since you have not been.

If your statement of what you are making is anywhere near true, then you have a lot to lose.

I'd get this taken care of and the sooner the better. The longer you wait, the worse it will get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">