• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oregon Sanction for in-state travel while on Post Prison Supervision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TheEmberLeader

In Oregon, OAR 255-070-0001, Exhibit J enumerates the conditions that an offender being released on Post-Prison Supervision must abide by. Special condition 6 states in part that:
"The offender shall abide by all rules and conditions of the sex offender treatment program"​

In the present case, the treatment program has a that an offender submit privilege requests in order to travel very far outside the city (fuzzy on the limits), and it must be approved by the therapist and the Parole Officer. However, this regulation is not outlined in paper anywhere, nor is travel mentioned at all in the contract signed by the offender. There is no general or special condition in Exhibit J or ORS 144.102 that limits travel "in-state" (They do sanction out-of-state travel).

Does the condition that an offender abide by "all rules and conditions" only apply to written rules (such as the signed contract) or does it apply to any rule, verbal or assumed? Bonus points for case-law citations.

quincy

Please keep all of your "post-prison" questions to one thread, TheEmberLeader. Thank you.

You also might want to explain what these questions have to do with you personally. Or are you just a curious sort?

TheEmberLeader

Thanks for the information quincy. I'll keep things to a minimum when I post again.

I guess I should have said a bit about my interest. I'm a part-time paralegal, and I work with mainly criminal cases. We had someone come in with the questions earlier, but we didn't take the case. In my limited time, I haven't been able to do much research, but I wanted to know what the community could come up with regarding these issues - maybe I'll be able to convince my boss to take the job anyway. :)

Silverplum

In Oregon, OAR 255-070-0001, Exhibit J enumerates the conditions that an offender being released on Post-Prison Supervision must abide by. Special condition 6 states in part that:
"The offender shall abide by all rules and conditions of the sex offender treatment program"​

In the present case, the treatment program has a that an offender submit privilege requests in order to travel very far outside the city (fuzzy on the limits), and it must be approved by the therapist and the Parole Officer. However, this regulation is not outlined in paper anywhere, nor is travel mentioned at all in the contract signed by the offender. There is no general or special condition in Exhibit J or ORS 144.102 that limits travel "in-state" (They do sanction out-of-state travel).

Does the condition that an offender abide by "all rules and conditions" only apply to written rules (such as the signed contract) or does it apply to any rule, verbal or assumed? Bonus points for case-law citations.
Thanks for the information quincy. I'll keep things to a minimum when I post again.

I guess I should have said a bit about my interest. I'm a part-time paralegal, and I work with mainly criminal cases. We had someone come in with the questions earlier, but we didn't take the case. In my limited time, I haven't been able to do much research, but I wanted to know what the community could come up with regarding these issues - maybe I'll be able to convince my boss to take the job anyway. :)
"Bonus points" are not yours to give for volunteers like Quincy to spend HIS volunteer time working on YOUR paid job.

:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">