• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

p.o. forcing residence change to different county

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

towguytoo

CALIFORNIA, my daughter resides in riverside, ca. while on a shopping trip to Orange county she was arrested for possession of controled subst.. Did 90 days in O.C. jail, released on probation. Violated her probation, 3 years later she turned herself in, did another 90 days, probation reinstated. Now her probation officer says she has to have an orange county address or go to prison. she does and always has lived in riverside, she is a single mother with no vehicle and a part time job, and only on the street since 8/27. what kind of proceedure can i use to get her case transfered to riverside? she wants to do it right but cant give up her home, and job to move to a place where rent is twice as much, and be unemployed! :mad:

CdwJava

Apparently they tried letting her live in another county and it didn't work. Riverside County probably doesn't want someone else's probationer in their county, and Orange County can't monitor a probationer effectively so far away.

Allowing probation to be transferred to another county is a privelege and done when the probationer is doing well.. She may be faced with two choices - stay in Orange County until she can show she can do well on probation ... or, stay in custody and serve her time.

I would recommend she consult an attorney.

- Carl

stephenk

If she is doing meth, getting her out of Riverside may be the best thing for her. Riverside and San Bernardino Counties are the top meth areas in California.

CdwJava

stephenk said:
If she is doing meth, getting her out of Riverside may be the best thing for her. Riverside and San Bernardino Counties are the top meth areas in California.
That could be true ... I did my DRE certifications (Drug Recognition Expert) in Riverside County and I had half my required certifications (6) in one short night!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">