• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA, Re-filing of charges after dismissal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

andoiscool

What is the name of your state?I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I was dismissed of all charges on a DUI, Gun charges, and simple assault today. The arresting officer and also the victim didn't show for my preliminary trial. the DA told my lawyer that they can dismiss all charges. My lawyer decided it was OK and my charges were dismissed. My Lawyer and the DA stated with this dismissal, the aressting officer can re-file the charges and I will be back at square one, Warrant for my arrest, reprocessing and Re-Post of Bail. then Back to Preliminary trial. Can this be and is this legal? I thought once charges are dropped the prosecution and accusee's cannot re-file. Is there not and boundries? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">