• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pardon and Law School?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seniorjudge

You were told early on to contact the bar of the state where you want to practice.

The internet, the ABA, me, the other posters, etc., can blab all day long but it means nothing.

smutlydog

Does anybody else find it strange that the guy hasn't even been CONVICTED of a felony yet, but he is already planning on the pardon? I am saddened that pardons are so easy to come by for felons :(

I am saddened that pardons are so easy to come by for felons :
Why? We all have to work and feed our families. Besides some of us are not very handy at working with our hands. :confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why? We all have to work and feed our families. Besides some of us are not very handy at working with our hands. :confused:
Yes, we all have to work and feed our families. However, I don't feel the need to commit felonies in order to do it. Also, perhaps one would think harder before committing a felony if they know they will have problems down the road. This OP is the very reason why I have a problem with pardons being handed out. He never mentions that he wishes to make some sort of atonement for his crime, yet he feels he is entitled to this pardon.

Excuse me while I wash my hands - they feel dirty after typing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">