• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is a pardon the only way?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JM0742

I have a class B misdemeanor that i was found guilty of in court in Texas in 2005. So i know that i don't qualify for "non disclosure". However, i successfully completed probation, and paid restitution. And haven't had any arrest's since. Every other answer to this question (online) seems to indicate that nothing short of a pardon from the Governor will get this expunged from my record. But, all i need is for it to be closed to the public in order to get a job that is waiting for this to be off my record before they will hire me (because it's a financial institution, and it's a theft charge). Is there anything else that could be done? Is there a "statute of limitation" that im just not privy to? Will a Petition to the Judge, in fact, work? Can i take care of this matter on my own without Legal Representation? Or am stuck with this for life??? Please clear this up for me

CavemanLawyer

Unless there is something fundamentally defective about your conviction you have no options other than a pardon. There is no legal method for sealing or limiting public access to the record of a conviction for a Class B or higher offense in Texas.

Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">