• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pardon vs. Sealing vs. New Trial???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MaryLeota

What is the name of your state? 12
Nevada

I was in a relationship with a man who had a drug and anger problem. I had not seen him for two years due to the above. I was a School Principal, never had even a parking ticket and knew little of his drug problem. Long story short: He went crazy, beat me for hours, I eventually got a knife (after repeated atttempts to escape, including jumping from a moving vehicle).

I was arrested (my home/ he had refused to leave) and convicted of battery with a deadly weapon. Huge media deal.

I never served a day and have never been in any trouble since. Rights restored, but I am told I have no recourse in ever having a new trial (Appeal not heard). What is the value of a Pardon?

I cannot get work, though I still have my teaching license. My dream would be to go back against my attorney who did a horrible job, which I can prove.

But, I need to get on with life. What exactly is a Pardon in terms of employment assistance. The Restoration of Rights is not worth the paper it is written on.

PS The knife went in when he lunged toward me. One stitch, but hit an artery. He is fine, and he admitted it was his fault. He is 6 foot plus, a construction worker. I am 113 lbs.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">