• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parole

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cod fish

What is the name of your state? nj
My friend was arrested for violating his parole. the judge sentence him to be incarcerated for 8 month. I ask him are they going to give you parole again? and he told me that if they give him parole again he's going to tell them no because he has no where to stay. Is this true does he have a say on whether or not he can do parole? :(

Parole can either be a priviledge, something earned, or part of a sentence, more commonly termed, probation. Either way it is conditional release from incarceration. In part, it is conditional upon the parolee agreeing to, in writing, terms delineated by the parole board or sometimes by the original sentencing judge.

If your friend does not want to accept parole, he simply has to not agree to abide by those conditions, thereby making himself ineligible for early, conditional release. Though why someone would choose to stay behind bars rather than accept placement in even a half way house on the outside is beyond me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">