• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole Board

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RLLB86

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I'm not sure if this is the part of the forum I should be posting in. I also have a thread in family law.

I am the mother of the victim. Her dad is in prison serving 5 years for aggravated sexual assault on her. In December 2008 the parole board sent me a letter stating that he was up for parole review. In this letter it also said that I could request to meet with the parole board in person. They had the option to approve or deny that request. But if I wasn't approved to meet with them in person they would at least contact me by phone to discuss it with me. I never heard from them. They approved her father for parole in Jan 2011 if he completes an 18 month program. If he doesnt complete the program then he completes his sentence and will be released in June 2011.

I have sent letters to the parole board and called V.I.N.E. who said that I should just keep writing the parole board. I have heard nothing from the parole board. I have written to my congressmen to see if there is anything that can be done because they did not follow procedure before approving him. In one of the letters I was sent before he was approved it actually states what their procedures are.

Is there anything else I can do? He only got 5 years for what he put my daughter thru and I really dont think he should serve less than a second of the time he was given. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">