• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parole & probation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glowinca

What is the name of your state? ca is their anyone that has 3 years parole and 5 years probation at the same time? or close to it?

I live in Missouri, and my husband was release from prison in 2001 with 4 years parole and nearly that on probation for another charge he was convicted of while in prison. They can and do run them concurrently. When he violated parole, he automatically violated probation as well, and was sentenced on both. They maxed him out.

G

glowinca

Thank you for your reply. I was under the impression that being both on parole and probation at the same time very uncommon, and if so am I the only unfortunate one , or is it common?

calatty

You can be on parole for one offense and probation for another offense. Very common in CA. Consider yourself fortunate, not unfortunate, whenever you get probation instead of prison time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">