• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeannie028

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My husband was arrested for being in possession of a weapon while on parole. The problem is the weapon is not his. To make a long story short, he was at a house visiting a friend, the friend had a gun delivered to her by another friend a few days before the arrest because she was having trouble with a stalker. The parole officer happen to go by the house and see my husbands truck and decided that he needed to go in and see what was going on because the house that my husband was at is someone that is know for doing a lot of drugs. My husband was the only one in the house at the time as the friend had went to work. The parole office called the police to assist. They went into the house and seen the gun which was still in the unloaded gun which was in the gun case about 5 feet away from my husband. They immediately handcuffed him and searched the house without a warrant. They took my husband to jail. Since the arrest there has been 3 statements from the owner of the house as well as the owner of the gun stating that the gun did not belong to my husband and that he did not take the gun over to the friends house. After 5 months now and a lot of court dates the owner of the house has decided to change her statement. She is doing this because since my husbands arrest she has used his credit card unauthorized as well as forge checks on his close account. My husband called her and really told her off and told her to burn everything that she had of his. Well she is upset with him now and decided to change her statement. My question is: Can she lie and change her statement and if so will this hurt him in court? Also, the police and parole officer searched this womans house without her concent or knowledge until after the fact. Is that legal? My husband has been on the straight and narrow for 4 years now. He ownes his own business and has made a very good reputation for himself. Unfortunately he made a bad choice by going to this persons house knowing that she is known for drugs. Basically he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and he has been in jail for 5 months now waiting for a trial. Mean while he has lost everything that he has worked for. Thanks any info will be greatly appreciated.

stephenk

Unfortunately when you are on parole, you cant make bad decisions. Your hubby has no standing to object to the house being searched since it is not his house. How do you know the friend isnt on parole/probation and the house is subject to search?

why was your hubby at this friend's house when no one was home? how did the friend get hold of your hubby's credit card and checks? your hubby may tell you he is on the straight and narrow, but unless you are with him 24 hours a day, he can be doing all sorts of things.

your hubby's parole prohibits him from being around illegal activity (ie, drug house) and not to be around firearms (whether it is his gun or someone else's gun).

your hubby can file a police report on the friend regarding the credit card and check issues, but that will not do anything in helping him get off of his current parole violations.

J

Jeannie028

Jeannie028 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

My husband was arrested for being in possession of a weapon while on parole. The problem is the weapon is not his. To make a long story short, he was at a house visiting a friend, the friend had a gun delivered to her by another friend a few days before the arrest because she was having trouble with a stalker. The parole officer happen to go by the house and see my husbands truck and decided that he needed to go in and see what was going on because the house that my husband was at is someone that is know for doing a lot of drugs. My husband was the only one in the house at the time as the friend had went to work. The parole office called the police to assist. They went into the house and seen the gun which was still in the unloaded gun which was in the gun case about 5 feet away from my husband. They immediately handcuffed him and searched the house without a warrant. They took my husband to jail. Since the arrest there has been 3 statements from the owner of the house as well as the owner of the gun stating that the gun did not belong to my husband and that he did not take the gun over to the friends house. After 5 months now and a lot of court dates the owner of the house has decided to change her statement. She is doing this because since my husbands arrest she has used his credit card unauthorized as well as forge checks on his close account. My husband called her and really told her off and told her to burn everything that she had of his. Well she is upset with him now and decided to change her statement. My question is: Can she lie and change her statement and if so will this hurt him in court? Also, the police and parole officer searched this womans house without her concent or knowledge until after the fact. Is that legal? My husband has been on the straight and narrow for 4 years now. He ownes his own business and has made a very good reputation for himself. Unfortunately he made a bad choice by going to this persons house knowing that she is known for drugs. Basically he was at the wrong place at the wrong time and he has been in jail for 5 months now waiting for a trial. Mean while he has lost everything that he has worked for. Thanks any info will be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">