• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Liliane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
My son is in county jail for a parole violation, he failed 2 drug test due to marijuana use. His parole officer told him to contact an inpatient facility which he did, however when the parole officer called the place they said they had no record of him calling. 2 days later they locked him up for failing to contact the in patient facility and failing 2 drug tests 1 on June 13 and the other on July 17. The same day he got sent to jail, one of the intake nurses at the inpatient rehab called the PO and told him she had talked to my son and was waiting for a medical release form to proceed with getting him a bed as an inpatient. Now they are telling him he will go to a different treatment area called Willard for 97 days. He did what was asked of him, is it worth hiring a lawyer to defend his case. Now that he is locked up he cannot get all the paperwork in order for an inpt treatment.

dave33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
My son is in county jail for a parole violation, he failed 2 drug test due to marijuana use. His parole officer told him to contact an inpatient facility which he did, however when the parole officer called the place they said they had no record of him calling. 2 days later they locked him up for failing to contact the in patient facility and failing 2 drug tests 1 on June 13 and the other on July 17. The same day he got sent to jail, one of the intake nurses at the inpatient rehab called the PO and told him she had talked to my son and was waiting for a medical release form to proceed with getting him a bed as an inpatient. Now they are telling him he will go to a different treatment area called Willard for 97 days. He did what was asked of him, is it worth hiring a lawyer to defend his case. Now that he is locked up he cannot get all the paperwork in order for an inpt treatment.
I'm not sure if the state of NY works the same as mine. In this situation the state's county jail will take over. If this happens it will take much longer and he will get whatever bed opens up 1st. He will most likely have to wait in jail for a bed to open. Once the state gets involved it becomes much more of an unpleasant process. He may end up waiting in jail for a long time. Depending on the jail term he facesw, once incarcerated he may be better off taking a prison sentence. He can wait a couple of months, finally get a bed, get released for whatever reason, then not one day in jail or one program day will count towards gis sentence. This can easily turn a 6 moth sentence into 18 months. It goes without saying nthat all of this could have been avoided had he gotten into a program.

In mant situations a private attorney can get the ball rolling much more quickly. Take into consideration I am from another state and maybe someone local who's been in this situstion will chime in. goodluck.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Now they are telling him he will go to a different treatment area called Willard for 97 days... Now that he is locked up he cannot get all the paperwork in order for an inpt treatment.
Why does he need to bother with this "paperwork" if the county is placing him in a different facility?

captan03

Please answer...

My brother was on Parole for Fraud, selling fake sports tickets. While on parole, he allegedly violated parole by committing the same offence again. He has been in jail for 2 months now. What are his odds of getting parole at his next hearing or if worse come to worse, how much time can he face in Illinois?

quincy

My brother was on Parole for Fraud, selling fake sports tickets. While on parole, he allegedly violated parole by committing the same offence again. He has been in jail for 2 months now. What are his odds of getting parole at his next hearing or if worse come to worse, how much time can he face in Illinois?
capton03, could you please start your own thread with your question about your brother's parole? This thread "belongs" to Liliane and Liliane's legal questions and concerns.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">