• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole violation and hearing????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

macswife

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

My husband's p.o. violated him almost two months ago. He has not been officially violated yet because he refused to sign the waiver of his rights. From what I understand this means they have to give him a hearing. I need to know whether or not they have a time limit to give him a hearing. I've heard it's 60 days but really need someone to confirm this. If that is the case, his 60 days are up in 5 days, and he can start screaming. Also, how does he begin "screaming?" He is still in county.

The violation is for firearms. He was hunting and was stopped by the park ranger. His p.o. says he has charges pending from the a.t.f., but we have not heard anything from them at all. I'm afraid she may try to hold him claiming he has pending charges with a.t.f.

His original charges are for hot checks. This will be his third violation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

macswife said:

This will be his third violation.

==================================

My response:

Okay, here's my advice. Unload this idiot. He's obviously a high school dropout, and a worthless provider and human being.

Ain't trailer life wonderful?

IAAL

leech

macswife said:

My husband's p.o. violated him almost two months ago. He has not been officially violated yet because he refused to sign the waiver of his rights. From what I understand this means they have to give him a hearing. I need to know whether or not they have a time limit to give him a hearing. I've heard it's 60 days but really need someone to confirm this. If that is the case, his 60 days are up in 5 days, and he can start screaming. Also, how does he begin "screaming?" He is still in county.

The violation is for firearms. He was hunting and was stopped by the park ranger. His p.o. says he has charges pending from the a.t.f., but we have not heard anything from them at all. I'm afraid she may try to hold him claiming he has pending charges with a.t.f.

His original charges are for hot checks. This will be his third violation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
He will have to go to a parole board hearing and to answer you question they can wait past 60 days, the system is very slow so tell him not to count on it. As far as everyones concerned hes just another parolee.Im not trying to be mean, Ive been in your shoes so I know the procedure. And Im not sure if you mean "screaming" or screening???? In California I also know that for a parole violation without picking up a case, they can do up to a year in county, or state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">