• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parole violation in Tx

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littletexan61

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Texas

My son is on parole and was arrested on 2nd DWI and possession under 28 grams (he had 2 zanax bars in is sock). A blue warrant was issued and he turned himself in and is currently in jail. He was on good terms with his parole officer for the past 14 months. He never missed a visit and always passed the drug tests. Has anyone had something similar happen? If so, what kind of sentence was given.

free_beto

My fiance is on parole and just recently went to state for a violation. He had done good also and was on for 2 yrs and had almost all of it done. Just recently they re-instated his parole seeing how the state jails in tx are overcrowded. Tell him to ask for mandatory supervison and he will most likely get re-instated.

free_beto

i know its two totally different cases but at the same time he violated with the same thing that he was on parole for. They still re-instated him but has he been to court yet and if so did they give him a discharge date?

littletexan61

What is he on parole for? What was the original sentence?
He is on parole for violating his original probation. He received a 5 year sentence and only served 16 months. He is still in jail waiting on the sentence for the dwi and poss chg. I spoke with his parole officer and she is going to recomend ISF(?) Also when the parole hearing takes place I will be able to testify on my sons behalf. Just dont know what to expect and hope this nightmare is over soon (again!!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">