• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parolee Address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jccb751

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My daughter lives with her boyfriend and 2 other people. Her boyfriends brother is getting out of prison and needs an address to get paroled. He wants to use their address but would not be staying there. Can they get into trouble for letting him use their address if he is not actually living there? Forgot to say the state is Oregon.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My daughter lives with her boyfriend and 2 other people. Her boyfriends brother is getting out of prison and needs an address to get paroled. He wants to use their address but would not be staying there. Can they get into trouble for letting him use their address if he is not actually living there? Forgot to say the state is Oregon.
If they are asked to fill out any paperwork, or even if they are verbally asked, they shouldn't lie. To take it a step further, if it were me, I'd make sure that the prison folks know about his deception, but they can't control what the brother does.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I'd avoid this situation if I was you - no good can come of it.

There can be no good reason that this person needs to use your address.

CdwJava

Do all four of them understand by allowing the parolee to give their address as his, they are subject to search at any time by law enforcement? And if they actively conceal the location of the parolee - or lie to law enforcement - they could be charged with a crime?

Tell your daughter to say "no." As stated, no good can come of this situation. None.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">