• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passport on probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

majkul96

What is the name of your state? MA

I am on probation for A&B D.W. I would like to get a passport and go to Bulgaria, my fiance's home country for one week. Can I get a passport? Or should I wait 'till we're married and try to get citizenship in order to travel there.

JETX

"I am on probation for A&B D.W. I would like to get a passport and go to Bulgaria, my fiance's home country for one week. Can I get a passport? Or should I wait 'till we're married and try to get citizenship in order to travel there."
*** And what did your probation officer say when you told him/her about your planned 'journey'???

M

majkul96

to: stephenk

I am a US citizen.

to: jetx

I haven't been able to ask my PO she's been on vacation all week. I wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge or experience with this before I saw her. Do you know if it's possible, I'm pretty sure she would give me permission I'm not a flight risk. But I wasn't sure if I apply for a passport if I would be denied.

JETX

Without the opportunity to review your casefile and probation history, I can't answer for your PO.
I can say though.... if it were up to me.... you wouldn't get a passport AND you wouldn't be allowed outside the county or state without courts permission.

So, it might be to your advantage to wait until she returns to get a speculative answer.

M

majkul96

Also if I were able to get Bulgarian citizenship after my fiance and I get married would it be easier for me to go? If I had citizenship I wouldn't need a passport to travel there would I? I know I would still need permission from my P.O. but where as getting a passport may be out of her hands if I had citizenship it shouldn't be a problem right? Thanks for all your help on this by the way. I really appreciate it and also appreciate the fact that your writing serious replies and not just bull*#@^.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">