• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PBJ and expungement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markjohnson1

What is the name of your state? Delaware

Hello. Around 2 years ago I received probation before judgment in DE for a misdemeanor. I received 1 year probation along with community service. I successfully completed the probation and community service. My lawyer at the time told me that after completing the pbj that the incident would be erased from my record as if nothing had ever happened. Unfotunately, i never followed up on the case after i completed the probation. My probation officier said I did not have to do anything else. However, I have recently graduated from college and am looking for a job and this incident has shown up on a FBI fingerprint background check. My question is.. did i receive false information about the expungement of this record? Am i supposed to petition for expungement or is there actually an automatic expungement upon completion of the probation before judgment and this was not supposed to show up?

I read that expunged records could only be found out by law enforcment agency type jobs. Thank you.

sjmjuly

You need to pay a fee and request the expungement. Contact either the court or your attorney and ask what is required.
P.S. I have been told the PBJ can be expunged, but the arrest record (if you were indeed arrested) will never go away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">