• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PDP - Petition to Dismiss Petition to Revoke Probation/Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

syclyd

i live in maricopa county, arizona & about a decade ago i was put on probation, absconded, & have been picked up on warrant, reinstated, & absconded again, 3 or 4, or maybe even 5 times, i think 2 of those times w/new charges. The last time picked up was 2/2008, failed to appear & had warrant issued same month. the last new charges were in 2004.
as far as charges, ultimately, w/plea bargains, 3 separate counts, collectively consisting of marijuana poss. & drug paraph. poss., w/2 years prob. each, ran concurrently, i think,lol sorry, ran so that i end up only doing 2 years prob. total, not 6, that would be concurrent, right?
anyway, since 2008 i have successfully stayed clear of there reach.
Then, about a month ago, when doing my "monthly or bimonthly check on the maricopa county sherrifs office outstanding warrant list (titled "techno-cops") to see if my name is still there or if something might have changed", knowing very well that's not gonna happen until they catch up w/me again. or so i thought i knew very well.that's not gonna happen until they catch up w/me again. But, this time, to my surprise, i was no longer listed on "techno-cops", my name was nowhere to be found on the list. so i opened the clerk of superior court of maricopa county web site, went to "criminal court case information", "case history", put in my name, the three separate counts came up as results, so i clicked on the 1st result, & found this;

3/21/2011 049 - ME: Judgment Signed - Party (A) 3/21/2011
3/17/2011 CRR - Criminal Restitution Order - Party (A) 3/22/2011
3/17/2011 PDP - Petition to Dismiss Petition to Revoke Probation/Order - Party (A) 3/22/2011

as the most recent history entries.
It says the same thing for all 3 counts.
Then i went to "minute entries", put in my name, clicked on the dates that coincided w/the dates of the "case history" entries listed above, & found this;

JUDGMENT SIGNED
IT IS ORDERED approving Order of Discharge from Probation signed by the Court on March 10, 2011 and filed with the Clerk of the Court on March 17, 2011.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED settling and approving formal written Criminal
Restitution Order in the amount of $723.34 as set forth below:Fines and Surcharges: $723.34
Signed by the Court on March 10, 2011 and filed with the Clerk of the Court on March 17, 2011.

Again, it says the same thing for all three counts.
don't get me wrong, its not that im complaining, of course, but i cant figure out for the life of me y they would suddenly disregard the whole issue, letting me completely of the hook accept the restitution, making it so i am no longer wanted even though they have not heard from me since 2008, & the last they did hear from me, well, they didn't cuz i failed to appear. from what i have experienced, this seems very odd, ive never known this kind of thing to happen to any one else, so what could have possibly been there reasoning behind there decision to do this w/me?
is there any 1 out there that might be able to help me clarify this, please, thanx.

& also, will the expected restitution be handed over to a collections agency making it so there wont be a warrant put out for me if i don't pay it? i do plan on paying it, a friend told me this & im just wondering if its hearsay.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

DAguilar

looking for answers

Did you ever get an answer regarding your question on approving and settling the formal written Criminal Restitution Order. I just looked up my husband on the Maricopa County Clerk of the court website and he has the same thing for 4 of his cases

quincy

DAguilar, if you have a legal question, please start your own thread. This thread is from 2011 and is in the archives for reference purposes only.Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">