• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pedophile

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daveburton

What is the name of your state?I have a family member who was convicted of sexual assult on a child. This person was serving in the Marines at the time, and was sentenced to 6 years in a military prison in Kansas. He is now living in the state of Virginia, and I frequently see him around small children in his neighborhood. I checked the Virginia Sex offender List online, and he is not on it. My question is, If a person is convicted in military court, shouldn't they still have to register? He got out in 1996 and moved from Kansas to Maryland, and now lives in Virgina. He now has a live in girlfriend, who teaches small children, at a public school. I would like to know if he should be registered, and what I should do. Any information would be appriciated

BL

daveburton said:
What is the name of your state?I have a family member who was convicted of sexual assult on a child. This person was serving in the Marines at the time, and was sentenced to 6 years in a military prison in Kansas. He is now living in the state of Virginia, and I frequently see him around small children in his neighborhood. I checked the Virginia Sex offender List online, and he is not on it. My question is, If a person is convicted in military court, shouldn't they still have to register? He got out in 1996 and moved from Kansas to Maryland, and now lives in Virgina. He now has a live in girlfriend, who teaches small children, at a public school. I would like to know if he should be registered, and what I should do. Any information would be appriciated
Call your Local State Police Dept. and ask . It may depend on the Level he is classified as .

CJ Hurtig

I would notify the school of his record

The live in girlfriend works at a school and now those kids are in danger. I would notify the school.

Check out the laws in your area about pedophiles and see if he has to register as a sex offender. I bet he does.

zcc6467

state of ga

he may very well not have to register. the ga registry does not mandate sex off. registration for anyone sentenced before or placed on probation before july 1, 1996. however, he's probably still bein supervised by some agency. check out the dept. of corrections contact #'s for virginia. talk w/someone there who handles sex offender supervision. however, this might be fruitless if it was a military case. notify the local sheriff's office in the county where he lives and they will definitely check it out.

stephenk

"The live in girlfriend works at a school and now those kids are in danger. I would notify the school."

Be careful with your advice. What evidence did the poster post about the school kids where the girlfriend is employed are in contact with the guy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">