• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Penalities For Violating Parole

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JPLO1979

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

MY BOYFRIEND WAS ARRESTED IN DEC. FOR VIOLATING PAROLE. WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR THIS??? HE WAS TOLD HE WAS ONLY GONNA HAVE BE THERE FOR 6 MONTHS. NOW THEY AREADDING MORE TIME. CAN THEY DO THIS???

J

jigaboo

Can someone who knows the answer to this question please respond? It's an interesting question.

P

phoxyred

Consequences of Viloating

Hi,

Every state is different. In Nevada if you violate parole, you are sent to the state penitentary to wait for a hearing before the parole board. This can often take several months to be put of a hearing list. It is entirely up to the parole board what their decision is, and it often depends on what the person did to violate. If there is a not a new charge involved, often times they will be released on house arrest or stricter reporting requirements and given a 2nd chance. If the violation involves a new charge, or if there have been other violations, the person may be required to serve the original prison sentence imposed and expire the sentence and then begin serving the sentence imposed on the new charge.

VR_Hunter

JPLO1979 said:
What is the name of your state? INDIANA

MY BOYFRIEND WAS ARRESTED IN DEC. FOR VIOLATING PAROLE. WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR THIS??? HE WAS TOLD HE WAS ONLY GONNA HAVE BE THERE FOR 6 MONTHS. NOW THEY AREADDING MORE TIME. CAN THEY DO THIS???
***Please explain your post. Who, I know, your boyfriend, what, when, where and how. What was the original violation? Is there a bail problem?

Based on your uninformative post. Yes, that can do that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">