• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Penalty for Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

ZmanZ

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My ex-wife violated her probation. In your opinion, what typically will the sentencing judge do with such a situation? Additional time? How seriously do judges deal with probation violations?

Background:

1999 - Convicted of felony theft. Sentenced to 15 years with all but 15 months suspended. Four years probation.

2003- Convicted of felony theft. Sentenced to 10 years with all but 2 years suspended. This violated her 1999 probation. She is currently serving 2 years and is eligible parole in January.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ZmanZ said:

My ex-wife violated her probation. In your opinion, what typically will the sentencing judge do with such a situation? Additional time? How seriously do judges deal with probation violations?

Background:

1999 - Convicted of felony theft. Sentenced to 15 years with all but 15 months suspended. Four years probation.

2003- Convicted of felony theft. Sentenced to 10 years with all but 2 years suspended. This violated her 1999 probation. She is currently serving 2 years and is eligible parole in January.

My response:

Don't they have firing squads in Maryland?

We, as a society, certainly don't need that waste of DNA, and we certainly shouldn't be expected to pay for her board and care while in prison.

People who don't learn, or haven't learned, to obey the law should be shot.

IAAL

Z

ZmanZ

IAAL - I really appreciate your reply. But, I was hoping for a serious, best guess as to what she may get for violating her probation. Seriously, what do you think will happen?

Kerri0117

I am going through pretty much the same thing... So when he finally ends up going to court I will let you know what happens. And for all you jerks people come on here asking for serious help not to be critized. Im sure they get enough of that everyday. Well i will be sure to assist you when I find anyhting out..

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ZmanZ said:
IAAL - I really appreciate your reply. But, I was hoping for a serious, best guess as to what she may get for violating her probation. Seriously, what do you think will happen?

My response:

I'm a Ultra-Conservative. If you think I'm going to assist in this stupidity, then I've got some beachfront property in Idaho I'd like to sell to you.

My initial response stands. She needs a firing squad.

IAAL

ktee233

ZmanZ said:

Background:

If she gets out on parole this month, does she go before a judge to be sentenced for her PV?

nanaII

Probation violation

If I am getting this right, she was put on 4 years probation in 1999. In 2003 (while still on probation) she violated this probation and was sentenced to prison. She is currently in prison and is eligible for parole (you said January.. I assume you mean THIS January 2005?). If the above is correct, there is no further probation violation. This was taken care of when she violated her 1999 probation in 2003 and went to prison.

ktee233

nanaII said:
This was taken care of when she violated her 1999 probation in 2003 and went to prison.
That is what I thought when I posted my question to the OP. I also thought she probably won't be paroled since she was convicted of the same crime; not to mention she was still on probation from the original crime. One more felony and it's the "bitch".

nanaII

I may be wrong, but...

I may be wrong (I will get corrected, I am sure, if I am), but if you are referencing the "B*tch", as the "three-stikes" felony law, I believe that only applies to felonies that involved violent crimes.

ktee233

Yes, that is what I was referring to....the three strikes and you're out law. I thought the same thing until I heard about a guy in Calif. (I believe) who stole a pizza for his third felony and he got life.

yep i knew a guy that got life after his third felony too, breaking and entering a car stealing cd players worth more the $500 is a felony after his third conviction for that crime he is now doing life without parole. i served time with another guy that father owned a chain of pizza palors, each time his dad turned him in for stealing out of the stores after hours, dad wanted to teach him a lesson, he got hit with the 3 strike law and is now 28 doing life without parole. he went in at the age of 20.

ktee233

The laws need to be changed! There's a guy I read about that was sentenced to 30 years to life for killing 4 people when he was 18. They paroled him to a pre-release center for six months and is scheduled to be released in a week. He's 48. I guess he has to do it 2 more times before he really gets life w/o parole.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">