• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petty Offense - What are the implications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dujafo

Hi,
I have a ticket for "Theft of public transportation services by fare evasion" Colorado Revised Statute 18-4-802 (2). This is a class 2 Petty Offense in Colorado. If I pay this ticket (and admit guilt) will this offense show up on a criminal background check? If I don't pay the ticket and I go to court, is there any outcome from that process that could prevent the offense from showing up on a background check?

I have a good "story" for why I didn't validate my light rail ticket and no prior record, but the bottom line is I hadn't paid the fare and I boarded the train.

Thanks for any help you can provideWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pleaseadvise09

You can call the clerk of court in that county & ask about expungement procedures, that will wipe it off your record, but time frames vary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">