• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

plea hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NABIND

What is the name of your state?
North Carolina
i was in a case involving 3 others. everyone else has went to court and received their time. if it wasn't for me the police would have never caught these other guys b/c they didn't even know their legal names.
i went in front of a judge for a plea hearing. the sentence was fine, but i did not understand the extra points the da was trying to give me. my lawyer didn't/couldn't explain it either. the judge did not understand either, therefore he couldn't accept the plea. now the da is offering me something that is 3x's more than the first plea. i have heard that my lawyer, a public defender, is being investigated for drug charges and i think he is working with the da to cover himself. what can i do?

calatty

Since we have no idea what points everyone was making, we can't explain what happened either. If you have a conflict with your attorney, most states have a procedure for requesting a new public defender.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">