• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

plea/lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NABIND

What is the name of your state? NC

Okay. a friend of mine got himself in a lot of trouble. HE feels like he was pressed into accepting a plea. He was initially offered 2 pleas. On the 1st plea his lawyer couldn't/wouldn't explain to him how the points were going. Therefore, the judge couldn't accept the plea. Also on the 1st plea there was a void date b/c the lawyer didn't show up and he has this on the court transcripts. He tried to fire his attorney b/4 the 2nd plea, but was not able to and was told if he didn't accept the plea he'd be taken to trial. As far as I understand, if you accept the plea it's final, a done deal. He has some kind of false hope, b/c he's hoping some kind of way he can get his first plea back, which he wanted he just wanted the point system explained to him. Can he get time taken off b/c he was initially offered another plea? I doubt it, but I told him I'd ask anyway. Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">