• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PO over stepping Judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wolf918

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I plead down from poss. of drug praphanaila and poss. of drugs. They dropped the poss. of drugs so I was only "convicted" of the paraphanila charge. My Po still holds the drug charge aganist me and uses that to decide what he wants me to do. It is a undesignated felony in which I should have gotten off on Oct. 20. But my PO thinks I should stay on for the whole 2 years. No reason. I have not been violated but he always threatens me. I don't know if he is trying to be a hard ass or what. He asked me what I was on prob. for and I told him poss of drug paraph. and he said Oh so you plead down so your really a druggie. Can he judge me like that even though the drug charge was dropped?

CdwJava

He can hold whatever opinion of you and your history he wishes. So long as he is following the law and the court's orders regarding your probation, he has a lot of discretion.

If you believe he is violating the court's orders, you might need to get an attorney and return to court. Otherwise, you will just have to jump through the hoops. After all HE didn't make the plea agreement - you did. And chances are you got a good deal, so it might be best to just go along with the program and play the game until you are done.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">