• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pole while in miltary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

william royston

parole while in miltary

What is the name of your state? va. my son is in the miltary on on federal probation.his probation officer said he would be released when he entered the miltary.she lied about this under oath in fereral court.he is know in iraq after being in afghanistan twice and winning a bronze star.we have been informed that as soon as he returnes he will be prosicuted for a probation violation on driving.this is federal.need help

Last edited:

H

hexeliebe

Your post is a bit confusing. Who lied about what in Federal Court.

W

william royston

parole in miltary

his pole officer.she stated if he enter the derive he would be taken off probation.she testified under oath in a federal court room she did not tell him this.she also informed my wife and the recruiter he would be released from parole.

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

O.K. this is probably not what you WANT to hear but what you NEED to hear.

The first thing you need to do is find an attorney licensed and qualified for practice in the Federal court system.

The first thing this attorney will do is obtain copies of the court transcripts. From there I don't know. Each case is different. But I can give you this, a PO's statements do not release your son from probation. Only the court or serving his time in parole/probation can do that.

Do this now before your son returns. It may be too late when he's out of the military.

W

william royston

I stated that as parole it is probation.he has never been on parole.thanks

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

That is not an issue. The probation officer's statements are. As I said before, no one except the court or time served on probation can forgive the terms of the probation.

Simply put, the PO lied under oath and unless you act now your son could very will be arrested on his discharge or even before.

W

william royston

I have contacted his probation officer and they will wait till he returned from iraq.this is on running a stop sign.i had a lawyer the last time he came in over christmas which I payed 3000.00 for and the issue is still unresolved.he had to spend 10 days of his leave in jail this keep dragging on.i know the judge is the only person that can release him from probation.he has been on probation for a dui probably know for 3 to 4 years.what is the best way to end this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">