• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible deal for first offense? diversion programs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kalkan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hello all I'm 23 I'm in a total wreck and mess anxiety/depression/ ect. I stole for the first time and went on trying to do more, I don't know all the charges I have but I stole many things and when the police called I knew I was done and i took everything and brought it back. they said that since I have had no prior record, the woman business I stole from would be happier if I went to a diversion program with reparations, my guilty conscious, the admitting fault, and my willingness to change I will very shortly be seeing a persecutor with everything to discuss a deal. I have already admit my wrongdoings and I truly want to fix my stupid idiotic mistake. The problems I have is that I am starting Graduate School and a job ill have to clear the debts a city away 2 hours from were I am and I don't know if there is a program here and if there is anything I can do. the police said that they will vouch for me but I am super nervous. I already brought so much shame to my family I am trying to not let my GF know because if things go through it'll save many problems in the future. What should/can I do?

FlyingRon

The person you stole from is not the one that is prosecuting you. It is society that is harmed by your behavior and the state is who prosecutes you.

What you need is an attorney. You should not talk directly to the prosecutor. He's not your friend and is not obliged to be swayed by your apparent remorse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">