• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prison or not.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reneacoff

What is the name of your state? alabama

can you tell me exactly what does this mean
a friend was given a sentence of 20 years split 5 ...but sentence was suspended and given 3 years probation...do they still go to prison

JETX

"sentence was suspended and given 3 years probation...do they still go to prison"
*** Based solely on your post, no. The sentence (20 years) was suspended and the defendant is on 3 years probation. If they violate their probation agreement, then he could serve the balance of the sentence in prison.

R

reneacoff

i dont mean to sound stupid but someone said because the sentence was 20 years split 5 then ...15 years suspended and they have to serve 5 years .. ive gotten all kinds of answers and the attorney want answer any calls....

stephenk

Is your friend around? If yes, then the sentence was suspended. If no, send your friend a going away present.

R

reneacoff

Thanks I needed that i thought there were smart people in the world i see you are 1.....smart ass////just think i must be asking for a good reason... because i thought if sentence was suspended that meant all... was not sure becuase there is split so i wanted to make sure what lawyer said was indeed the truth... yes they are around but was told to turn themselves in at a latter date ... and was given a order of probation also..

R

reneacoff

he want answer any calls .....always out of office.. or sick....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">