• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

probate12

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania, Butler county

I was just accepted into the ARD (accelerated rehabilitation disposition program) and have 2 years probation and 530 hours of community service...

The conditions of my probation are standard, no alcohol, weapons, illicit drugs, etc...

My concern is that I currently live with my parents....If my probation officer or his agent decides to search where I live (my parents home) will they be able to search the entire house anytime they like, or just my property? I'm not allowed to posess alcohol, but if its my parents house can they? what about any weapons? If my dad has hunting rifles locked in his room where I don't have access to them, will i get into trouble?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

probate12 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania, Butler county

I was just accepted into the ARD (accelerated rehabilitation disposition program) and have 2 years probation and 530 hours of community service...

The conditions of my probation are standard, no alcohol, weapons, illicit drugs, etc...

My concern is that I currently live with my parents....If my probation officer or his agent decides to search where I live (my parents home) will they be able to search the entire house anytime they like, or just my property? I'm not allowed to posess alcohol, but if its my parents house can they? what about any weapons? If my dad has hunting rifles locked in his room where I don't have access to them, will i get into trouble?

My response:

Since you have access to the entire house, the entire house gets searched. Essentially, since you're the one on probation, then your parents are too. Remember, your probation requirements state that you cannot be in possession, custody or control of the mentioned items. Since you have full access to the house, that means you have the potential of possession, custody or control of the items.

So, unless you're looking to go to the slammer, I would suggest that all items belonging to you and your parents go into storage until your probation is completed. Or, move into your own apartment.

IAAL

Son of Slam

There may be a reason he cannot have his owen appartment. Perhaps his parents should find a place to stay, with their bad habits, untill he can get off of probation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">