• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

techdude86

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am on unsupervised probation for assault for 2 yrs. Part of my conditions of probation is to have good behavior for the 2 yrs. I was charged with public intoxication this weekend. In virginia this is a pre-payable offense. Are pre-payable offenses usually held against you...if you are on probation? If so, what would happen if I pre-paid my fine? Would a warrant be issued for my arrest(since I would be pleading guilty by paying it)? Or, would I have to go back to the probation officer? In other words, if I prepay my fine...will I most likely be thrown in jail without a trial? How long does it usually take the system to notice that you are on probation? Does anyone know how the process works?

JETX

"I am on unsupervised probation for assault for 2 yrs. Part of my conditions of probation is to have good behavior for the 2 yrs. I was charged with public intoxication this weekend. In virginia this is a pre-payable offense. Are pre-payable offenses usually held against you...if you are on probation?"
*** Yes.

"If so, what would happen if I pre-paid my fine?"
*** Nothing. Even a pre-trial admission of guilt and payment of fine could affect your probation.

"Would a warrant be issued for my arrest(since I would be pleading guilty by paying it)?"
*** If your probation officer were to find out about your being charged, he/she could file for a revocation of your probation.

"Or, would I have to go back to the probation officer? In other words, if I prepay my fine...will I most likely be thrown in jail without a trial?"
*** You already had your trial. That was when you were given probation. If you are found to have been in violation of the conditions, the probation can be revoked.

"How long does it usually take the system to notice that you are on probation?"
*** Depends entirely on the caseload of the parole officer and the 'reporting system' that the county/state has.

"Does anyone know how the process works?"
*** Yes.

T

techdude86

RE

Thanks!
What are the chances of the probation officer ....not finding out about me pre-paying my fine? My main concern is having a police officer come to my front door with a warrant. Do they usually have you talk to the probation officer....about your offense...before they decide to revoke you probation, or do they just do it and send out a warrant for arrest? How would they catch on to me being on probation if I pre- pay my fine...instead of going to court? Will I beable to prepay my fine...since I am on probation? Or will the system catch it?
Thanks again

T

techdude86

Home guru!!

What do you think the chances are of them revoking my probation...if I pre-pay my fine. Do u know what will happen if they find me in violation of my probation? Will I have to talk to the probation officer or will he just have me arrested. Is it entirely up to the probation offficer to revoke my probation. What is the process once they find out about your offense? Will I get a chance to explain what happened or do they usually just stick you in jail?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Home guru!!

techdude86 said:
What do you think the chances are of them revoking my probation...if I pre-pay my fine. Do u know what will happen if they find me in violation of my probation? Will I have to talk to the probation officer or will he just have me arrested. Is it entirely up to the probation offficer to revoke my probation. What is the process once they find out about your offense? Will I get a chance to explain what happened or do they usually just stick you in jail?

My response:

First, you're an idiot.

Don't be offended, just listen - - because you already know you're an idiot, so don't get defensive.

Each time you check in with your P.O., your P.O. brings you up on the computer. Once that happens, your P.O. will see that you have this new offense - - even if you pay it.

Once that happens, your probation gets revoked, and you go to jail to spend the rest of your time there.

This is a simple concept. You couldn't be trustworthy, and you know it. Therefore, you get to spend the rest of your time in a place where you won't be arrested and doing stupid things.

Geez, you Virginia people are really a bunch of Hillbillies.

IAAL

T

techdude86

RE: always liable

I am not on supervised probation. Do they check the computer periodically to find out if you have been clean...even if you are on unsupervised probation? How do they find out...if u dont tell them...when you are unsupervised? Would you advise me to call my probation officer and tell him? Or, would it be better to take my chances?

JETX

"Do they check the computer periodically to find out if you have been clean...even if you are on unsupervised probation? How do they find out...if u dont tell them...when you are unsupervised? Would you advise me to call my probation officer and tell him? Or, would it be better to take my chances?"
*** Actually, the prosecution will very likely to a record check on you and your probationary status will show up..... along with the name of your parole officer. The prosecution will then likely call the P.O. and guess what.... file a motion to revoke your probation.
As to what you should do..... that is up to you and your defense attorney.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: RE: Jet

techdude86 said:
Thanks again!!

"...this is killing me...LOL!"

================================

My response:

Then, you should have thought about that BEFORE you became "terminally stupid."

Head for West Virginia. Nobody ever looks for people there.

IAAL

JETX

Re: RE: Jet

techdude86 said:
Thanks again!!
Do u have a # that I can reach you at...this is killing me...LOL!
[email protected]
Yes, I have a number, and no, you can't have it. As time consuming as this is trying to provide FREE online help, I can imagine the problems that would arise if I started doing this over the phone!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">