• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jade007

Pennsylvania Can an inmate go to another state after time was served and how?

J

jade007

Thank you.....for responding but currently he is still incarcerated..and we were discussing this fact at our last visit. I will tell him to do just that when he gets out, Thanks again.:)

B

blue73

One of my friends was in a pre release center. Before they let her out they did a check to see if she was wanted in any other states
first. If she would have been wanted in any other state she would have been sent to that state to do the time for that state. So I guess my answer would be yes

J

jade007

:) Thanks for the advice...but I meant that he wanted to come to PA to live after he is released from a MD Pre-release unit. I was not sure if he would be allowed to move here from Maryland, if he is under supervision.

B

blue73

you can move to another state when you are on probation or paroll you have to get an interstate compact with the state you want to move to people do it all the time.

J

jade007

;) Thanks again...what is an interstate compact? I am feeling much more at ease now!

B

blue73

Well his probation officer will have to get ahold of thr department of corrections in Pa. An interstate compact is where someone is on probation in one state and moves to another state to live.A friend of mine was on probation in Mt. and moved to WY. he is on probation through MT. but has his own probation officer he sees every month in WY. PA will have to accept him first but his probation officer where he is at now will know what to do toget all the paper work going :)

hope that makes sence:)

C

coosi

It's called the Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision - I think it's federal, but I know MD participates. . .

J

jade007

:) I want to thank you all for the great information. I will relay all this to my friend. God Bless. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">