• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On probation please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bnice1978

I just received probation for a ovi in ohio 3 months ago. I also have a old dus from 2014 and a disorderly conduct 2011 that I didn't take care of . I'm currently taking care of those to straighten out my life. My questions are should I let my probation officer know about the old cases? , and if so what can happen? Can he violate me ? Please help

OHRoadwarrior

It is unlikely you were eligible to receive probation in the first place. If you lied on paperwork or during questioning, you can expect to go to jail.

I just received probation for a ovi in ohio 3 months ago. I also have a old dus from 2014 and a disorderly conduct 2011 that I didn't take care of . I'm currently taking care of those to straighten out my life. My questions are should I let my probation officer know about the old cases? , and if so what can happen? Can he violate me ? Please help
the old cases?
Yes, if he asks, and be truthful.

What can happen?
Have him move his head closer to the moniter and we will see if anyone on this end can read his mind.

Can he violate
For what? Your past or the not telling him about it?
It's been my experince that when asked by someone who has control over your life for the next several years..
be honest as you can...otherwise keep your mouth shut.
..______________________
~ Reality is that which,
when you stop believing in it,
doesn't go away".

justalayman

I'm surprise the matters were not discovered by the courts prior to this. The probation department often does an investigation and recommendation and provides it to the court prior to sentencing.

If you lied if asked about prior issues, expect it to cause a lot of problems. Regardless, lying is rarely a good idea. The lies would be apt to get you into worse trouble than the issue. Accept that it will eventually be discovered regardless what you say to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">