• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

waviesmist

What is the name of your state? FL

I am on probation for 2 years for theft and have served a year so far. One part of the sentence is that the Probation officer needs to contact my employer to make sure that I am not handling money. The probation officer was unable to contact my employer the first time and as asking for another number to reach them by. My restitution is $300.00 a month which I have been paying but if they contact my employer or any futures one I will obviously be out of a job. Is there anything I can do to stop this besides having a friend make believe they are my boss!?!

calatty

You are in a Catch-22. Rather than trying to deceive the probation officer, you should express your concerns to him or her. If s/he won't listen and you lose your job, it is better to be jobless than in jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">