• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation and restitution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jro

Two and half years ago I was sentenced to a suspended sentence, probation and restitution. Because I lost my job, as a result of being in jail for five days before being released on OR, I have not made any payment on the restitution.

Is there a warrant out for me? And will my circumstances change in six months when my probation is over? Will this have any effect on my probation ending? :confused:

JETX

"Is there a warrant out for me?"
*** Likely. But of course no one can factually answer your question. Stop by your local police department and ask.

"And will my circumstances change in six months when my probation is over?"
*** Sorry, but your probation will not be over in six months. In fact, at this point, your probation has probably been revoked and your original sentence reinstated.

"Will this have any effect on my probation ending?"
*** Yep. The courts do not take 'violation of probation' lightly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">