• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Revocation Hearing in Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Giarc0825

I am currently on ISP (Intensive Supervised Program)in New Jersey. I violated my probation in Virgina in 1998 when I got arrested in New Jersey on Burgulary charges. My Probation in Virginia was from 1995 breaking and entering charges in multiple jurisdictions, where I served 2 years my first time being in trouble.
After my release from prison, I had my probation transferred up to New Jersey. All this was a result of my depression and drinking. The ISP Program in New Jersey is designed to get a person the counselling and help needed to be a positive asset to society. I've complied with all rules while on the program for 16 months. My final report is an excellent one.
Now, I have to deal with Virgina Probation Violation. I'm told not to go to Virginia for the Probation Revocation Hearing - "off the record." But I'm concerned of the consequences if I do that. How difficult is it for Virginia to extradite me if I decide not to go? How could this affect the rest of my life?
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">