• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Revokation Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tiffany

What is the name of your state? TX

I was involved in a domestic assault that resulted in the father of my children being arrested and then receiving 2 years probation with conditions such as a batterer's class, etc. He did not comply with probation and a motion to revoke has been put in for him. He will have a hearing next month. All I want to know is as the victim in this case can I write a letter to the judge informing him of how probation was not helping him when he was attending as he feels he is not in the wrong? He is still threatening to me and I feel that he should be held responsible for the violence he inflicted on me. Would the judge have to give a copy to my childrens father's attorney or can it be kept annonymous as it could be detrimental to my children as well as myself?

Thank you for your time.

dequeendistress

have you contacted the prosecuting attorney office and or the probation officer and advised them of the situation? They may ask you for a written statement or for you to appear at the hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">