• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ric41

What is the name of your state?st.louis , mo. i've been put on 5 years probation with paying $200 a month until $4000.00 has been payed. with 100hrs of communtiy sevice. i have been paying the 200 a month up until 4months ago. my spouse is unemployed and we were trying to survive on my pay alone. i got a letter in the mail saying to report to my probation within ten days of the letter. i did and she said that they suspended my probation and had a warrant for my arrest issued april 7 . she said i needed to turn my self in and tell my job. i worked it out with my job and took a two week leave of absence. i've be told that they will probably extend my probation. i've payed$1200.00 on my restitution already and intend on paying it off. should i turn my self in and get this going and over with. i just need some input.

thanks
ric

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ric41 said:
should i turn my self in and get this going and over with.

My response:

No, absolutely NOT!

All they're going to do is put you in jail for the rest of your probation. I mean, what good is that to anybody, right?

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
O

ozark db

Wait until they are filming a "cops" episode in St. Louis.

Smoke some crack.. or better yet hit some PCP..

Then resist arrest and run...don't forget to do something they have to censor. I suggest being original and yanking the pants down of your arresting officer..

you will probably pull good enough ratings to get a slap on the wrist.

calatty

It is unconstitutional to lock a person up for not paying a fine or fee if the person really does not have the ability to pay. You might have a hard time proving you have no ability if you have a full-time job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">