• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andreamdc

What is the name of your state? New Mexico
My boyfriend is on probation for domestic violence. The case is dismissed but he is still on probation. The party dismissed it herself. He got a DWI and violated his probation. He is in jail now and had a hearing the "victim" came to court and his public defender said she didnt want to do anything because she was there. Does she have any right being there? Will she matter in his sentencing wit his violation? This is his first violation and his first DWI.

seniorjudge

Q: Does she have any right being there?

A: Yes, she is the victim and has a right to be there. In fact, it is open to the public so anyone can be there.

Q: Will she matter in his sentencing wit his violation?

A: It may be possible for the judge to take her info into account. However, the judge is more likely to be influenced by your friend's actions whcih clearly show that he is not interested in being on probation. Thus, your friend's actions show quite plainly that he wants to go to jail.

KAREN COWARD

State Is North Carolina
My Daughter(at That Time Almost 18) Meet A Person On Probation. Convicted Felon. At That Time He Was 19. Had Been In Prison 2 Years In Idaho. Was Given Probation Once And Broke It. Was Sent Back And Then Preleased Again. Was Sent To North Carolina On Probation. North Carolina As Now Revolked His Probation And Sent Him Back To Idaho. My Daughter (now 18) Left With Him. What Can We Do? He Is In Idaho On Probation Waiting To See If Idaho Is Gong To Revoke His Prole. On Probation For Strong Arm Robbery.

Just Blue

KAREN COWARD said:
State Is North Carolina
My Daughter(at That Time Almost 18) Meet A Person On Probation. Convicted Felon. At That Time He Was 19. Had Been In Prison 2 Years In Idaho. Was Given Probation Once And Broke It. Was Sent Back And Then Preleased Again. Was Sent To North Carolina On Probation. North Carolina As Now Revolked His Probation And Sent Him Back To Idaho. My Daughter (now 18) Left With Him. What Can We Do? He Is In Idaho On Probation Waiting To See If Idaho Is Gong To Revoke His Prole. On Probation For Strong Arm Robbery.
Karen, you are hijacking this OP's thread. If you have a question please start your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">