• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation - Florida - please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pmolina

i have a friend who was charged with false imprisonment in the state of florida in december 1999. he was sentenced to 6 months in jail and 2 years probation. after his 6 months in jail he was transferred to texas via the interstate compact to serve his probation. he has already completed one year of his probation term. in february his urine analysis came out positive for marijuana. since he is in violation of his probation he will be going to court in miami, florida for his hearing. I would like to know what is usually the outcome in this type of situation. what factors does the judge look for when deciding whether to revoke or extend his probation. any information on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

D

DEIDRA75

GET A GOOD LAWYER AND IF HE CAN GET OUT ON BOND, HE NEEDS TO START GOING TO A DRUG REHAB THAT WILL HELP HIM OUT ALOT.

P

pmolina

i want to let everyone know the outcome of the his probation hearing was a good one. the judge gave him a second chance since he had proven himself to have changed his life around by demonstrating that he had a stable job, was attending class to better himself, that he paid off his restitution and is keeping up to date with his child support payments. the only condition that was placed on him was that whenever he visits his probation officer he will need to get a urine test.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">