• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jagiantnm

What is the name of your state? New Mexico
I was put on Probation back in year 2000 for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Then I moved out of state without telling my Probation officer.
I haven't had any contact with law enforcement since I moved away but I know I have a warrant. I have turned my life around since then and I am tired of worrying about this.
Will this ever go away?
What do you think I am facing if I turn myself in?
What would be the best way to fix this?

Son of Slam

jagiantnm said:
I was put on Probation back in year 2000 for misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia. Then I moved out of state without telling my Probation officer.
I haven't had any contact with law enforcement since I moved away but I know I have a warrant. I have turned my life around since then and I am tired of worrying about this.
Will this ever go away?

jagiantnm said:
I haven't had any contact with law enforcement
That is all there is to it. Think of it as a lifelong probation and you will be fine. Not to worry, just act like a human being instead of a criminal.

seniorjudge

jagiantnm said:
Will this ever go away?
Q: Will this ever go away?

A: Only after you go to New Mexico and get this taken care of. No one can tell you what will happen to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">