• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with a probation officer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaeidh

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was recently placed on five years state supervised probation for Driving While Revoked (It was raised to a felony as a result of previous charges of the same. I'm sure I was only let off without immediate prison time due to the fact I was LIVING in the vehicle I was driving at the time.)

I don't live in the area I was sentenced in, so when I met with the probation officer after my release from jail, he put me in to transfer my supervision to the local office of probation and parole where I live, and since I've been meeting with a local probation officer.

When I met with the officer where I was sentenced he seemed very reasonable and helpful, and in fact told me that it was my probation officer's job to work with me in such a way that it helps me to live my life within the bounds expressed within my probationary conditions.

I live in a small town with few available jobs. I also don't have any form of diploma, so that doesn't help either. I can't drive.(obviously, due to my license being revoked) Thus I've had some trouble in finding employment. He has stated to me that if I don't find a job VERY soon he is going to require me to meet with him every morning with 5 NEW job contacts. This in NO way helps me, or ANYONE. This actually makes it harder on me to find a job as it would require me to walk all the way to his office every morning, then all the way back across town before I could even start worrying about where to try for a job, as pretty much everything is on the entire opposite side of town from his office.

I haven't even been out of jail for a month yet, and I haven't been in the least idle. I've been attending GED classes as well as seeking employment. I've shown him test scores from the classes and everything, and he doesn't seem to care in the least about anything other than my finding a job immediately.

I also asked him the last time I met with him if he had any ideas on places I should apply at or things I could do to help me find employment, and he didn't even bother to answer me but ignored me completely and gave me my next report date and ushered me out.

My question is: Is there anything I can do about this. Maybe some way to get another officer to supervise my probation, as I've shown that I'm working to improve myself AND my prospects for employment, which so far is the only thing I'm lacking towards living within the bounds of my probation. I was thinking of calling up the officer where I was sentenced at, as it is still currently technically under his jurisdiction as intake paperwork and such isn't yet complete to my knowledge, and the local office hasn't even officially accepted supervision of me for my probationary term.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Son of Slam said:
Get up real early in the morning, when nobody's looking, fire up your mobile home and move.

====================================

My response:

You're killing me, SOS, you're just killing me!

My sides are aching from laughter!

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">