• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pronouncement of judgement is ordered withheld

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

realitybytez

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

back in 1996, I was arrested in a Prostitution sting. On the advice of my attorney (now deceased), I pleaded nolo contendre. The court Misdemeanor Disposition Order is checked "PRONOUNCEMENT OF JUDGEMENT IS ORDERED WITHHELD AND CONDITIONAL AND REVOCABLE RELEASE IS GRANTED FOR A PERIOD OF 1 YEAR(S) ON THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:"

I followed all terms and conditions, and I have never been arrested for any other offense.

My questions are as follows:

Can I answer that I have never been convicted of a misdemeanor on an employment application, or is there something else that I need to do first?

I know it is strange that I am just following up on this after so many years, but it has never been an issue before.

FlyingRon

As long as they don't specifically ask about deferrals/withheld adjuciations, etc... I would say you could answer no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">