• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about felony sentence modification???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bullfly79

What is the name of your state? Maryland

Hello,
I am new to this site and have maybe a stupid question, In 2000 I was convicted of two charges "CDS Pos W/I to distribute" & "CDS Manuf/dist-Narc" I did 90 days jailtime & Five Years probation. In may 2002 my lawyer filed a motion for modification and I recieved Probation before judgement (PBJ) on both charges but kept the guilty plea. What does this all mean, it's been seven uneventful good years since these dumb mistakes and I have applied for a job that does background checks I want to be honest with them but need to know if I am still considered a felon? I have a voters card I recieved in 2003. My next step is expungment but need to understand where I stand to date. Any info would help Thank alotWhat is the name of your state?

kamgrl21

How does an inmate get a sentence modification?

My husband is a first time offender and currently serve=ing a 2-4 year sentence. His parole date is July 25 but he has no where to go. So he may have to stay there. He heard that he can possibly get a sentence modification. But how does he get that? Please help me! I want my husband home!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">