• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on transferring Probation out of Wisconsin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

klo1980

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I'm curious if someone can tell me how to go about transferring probation. My husband is sitting in jail right now, but when he gets out we would like to transfer his probation from Wisconsin to Florida. He has family down there, and we would have a great support system if allowed to move. We really need to get out of the area we are in due to the "bad" situations that seem to follow him here. His probation officer really has it out for him and wants to see him revoked and sent to prison. He doesn't deserve this treatment. Does anyone know what we can do to ensure a transfer? I would appreciate any advice or help. Thank you.

ptlmejo

It would be up to the State of Florida's P/P to accept him and Wisconsin's DOC to authorize his release to them.

I doubt it will happen, but good luck.

Juviequeen

Relocation

It may not be easy, but it can be done. If he can prove to the court that he has a good job, and will submitt to the probation office in Florida it could happen. What you need to do, is file paper work with the court and his PO. The judge is the overruling force behind his PO. Ask court what papers need to be filed on reloccation on probation. They will help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">