• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Record has been Expunged But...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nbsxangel

What is the name of your state? California

I'm really confused. I talked to the clerk in court today and she said that I can't seal a record unless it happened when I was a juvenile. That said, she said that though my record has been expunged - it will still show up on a criminal background check. It will show up that I was charged/convicted with blah blah blah and then it'll state that its been dismissed. So I'm guessing that I still need to put down YES instead of NO.

I went to the police station today and explained my situation to the officer. He took my ID and ran background check on me and said that nothing came up. He then said because I've been expunged, there is no record and that its okay for me to put down NO. He also said that no matter how extensive the criminal background search is, it cant be as extensive as their computers because they are the police. So now I'm even more confused, I want to believe the PO and put down NO (cuz it seems really pointless going thru all that hassle to get an expungement only to have to STILL put YES) but I dont want something to turn up and I get fired for lying on the application. Does anybody know what I should do in this situation?:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">