• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Red Carpet Treatment...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LiquidSky

What is the name of your state? VA

The wife falsely charged yours truly with domestic abuse. There is *NO* evidence to substantiate the claim (apparently evidence is not needed to make this kind of charge stick). No blood, scratches, bruises, etc. In short, I didn't do it.

During my arrest, I was served with a Protection Order (no contact of any kind). Knowing that the wife and kids were staying with the in-laws, I elected to go home. The very next day the wife walks into the house (with a cop by her side) and forces me into non-compliance of the order and off to jail I go (again).

I won't go into why she did this, but let me assure you it is the stuff of legend. A divorce is in the works.

My question is two fold : Can she make the initial charge stick with no evidence, and How much time/ probation could I expect for a "first time offender" if convicted.

Last edited:

Jeter

"The CIA ain't got sh*t on a woman with a plan"

- Anthony Anderson
Two Can Play That Game

Last edited:
L

LiquidSky

And What a Plan it is...

Jeter said:
"The CIA ain't got sh*t on a woman with a plan"

You Got That Right.....

- Anthony Anderson
Two Can Play That Game
Got Any Advice?

calatty

Her statement that you abused her is evidence. Physical abuse doesn't have to cause injury. The protection order probably said that you were to stay away from her and from her home, so it didn't matter if she was there or not.

L

LiquidSky

Thanks for responding calatty.....

All I can say is that it is utterly ridiculous that all it takes is her word to charge/ convict me of a crime, especially one that never took place:confused:

My belief that the American Legal System is predicated on evidence is "evidently" false.

leech

Liquid Sky - Please post your outcome, it would help out the situation I am dealing with at the moment also. The crazy ex of my boyfriend accused him of holding her. He didnt touch her, I was there, but Ms Einstein went and gave herself a bruise, made a report and he is currently in jail. He was on parole and its over in May 2004, so it was a violation of his parole and he is a sitting duck waiting for it to go against the Prison Board. They said all they needed was a witness and a victim....and her word. Our system sucks, thanks America.

L

LiquidSky

I'll keep you up to date on my situation; 11/12/03 is the trial date.

Leech, is your boyfriend in jail now? What state are you in? Has his case gone to trial yet?

leech

Im from California, and yes hes still in jail, hes been in there since September 18th. Theres a first screening (where they try to plea bargain) then theres a second screening where they ask him for names and numbers of those he wants to supena, and then the third is when he goes up against the board and they either let it go or sentence him . Seeing as how hes on Parole it differs from your case BUT they are both having to deal with false accusations. We have substantial evidence, which include notarized letters from neighbors who saw her causing comotion, a voicemail she left him, "I hope your D*ck falls off and then Ill be real happy." and another that says, " Okay you wanna ignore me, Ill be at your work, with the kids, to talk to you in person." A letter showing her unstability. A Child Services Report where she falsey accused him of child neglect and the case got dismissed. An Easter incident report plus an officer willing to testify when she didnt want to give his daughter to him even though he had a court order. If he gets sentenced after all this is presented I will have zero faith in our justice system. That means any looney can go around accusing whomever of domestic violence, assault or what not. Has there been any updates as of late on your situation Liquid or are you waiting it out? Good luck.

L

LiquidSky

No updates yet. The original trial was supposed to happen Sept. 17 but she wrote a letter to the judge asking to postpone the case and (suprise!) it was granted.

It sounds as though you have a substantial amount of evidence that would paint this b!tch for what she really is. However, the parole board will also take into consideration his record (hopefully it's not too bad). So do you have any idea when the third screening is?

leech

Well our jail system is SLOW so its "said" that it can be anywhere from 30 to 50 days.

And about his record....well thats a horse of a different color. The first time he was 17 and that was attempted murder, he tried to shoot someone in well known mall. Hes no McGuyver so maybe he thought he wouldnt get caught, whatever the case, he went to YA (Youth Authority) from 17-21. Then a year later he went to prison for three years for selling illegal narcotics. So when he was 25 he got out and now hes 28 and held a good job, no police contact and has joint custody of his daughter. And also pays child support.

Of course her request was granted to postpone the court date. Nothing seems fair. I hope they see thru both of these the wenches!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">